Monday, August 12, 2013

WHODUNNIT WEEK 8 KILLER PREDICTIONS



     Well I really expected to get some insurance on my Melina prediction this week, but instead I'm left completely baffled. For the first time the entire season, the episode did not end with a confirmed kill and therefore there are still 4 possibilities. The ending left me mind-warped, if all 4 players were in the limo then who tied up Giles? It couldn't have physically been the killer? And then in the finale preview it showed the previously killed players resurrected as what appears to be zombies?? Each week I think the show can't become any more bizarre, but each week I'm proven wrong. Anyways, we've been given almost all the info now so this is my last opportunity to put together a well developed hypothesis and I am shaking it up a bit with my predictions, so here goes.


#4. Kam: Kam is now at the bottom of my list simply because I believe the killer is a female. I've come to this conclusion based on two pieces of evidence: the killer had to stuff their shoes to fit a larger size when killing Dana & Sasha, and the killer used a bobby-pin to break into Geno's room and bobby-pins are typically worn by girls.  But I haven't completely wrote off Kam either. He's proven to be ridiculously smart and diabolical, and he always has a smirk on his face whenever "the killer" is mentioned. But to go back to why Kam isn't the killer, he's way to prideful in his detective methods and he's trying harder than anyone else to win the game.


#3. Melina: Melina was still my top prediction for the majority of this episode, up until the end that is. It seemed like the producers tried way to hard to keep Melina alive, with the ice challenge, the addition of the mystery room, and giving her the morgue to herself. She was also able to deduct a huge chunk of the information by herself all from the morgue, that should draw more red flags. And when she dissapeared with no sound and little time, it just seemed all too perfect. But then I remembered one thing all the way back from episode 1....the Iron Maiden. The show said from the beginning that the finale would only consist of three players, and I don't think ABC would try to pull a quickie on us so I truly do believe Melina is trapped inside the iron maiden and is dead. But she was also not seen with the zombies in the finale preview, and if she is the killer then ABC took the necessary precautions to preserve her identity. If she isn't, I misjudged her and she's actually very smart and played a great game.


#2. Cris: Cris' story is still a bit fishy to me. Ex Miss Nevada never received a scare card? Come on... Add the fact that her and Lindsey have accused each other for a while now, and it's a good bet that one of them is the killer, and the other is the winner. I've been suspicious of Cris from day one, and she's been the biggest constant for me throughout my predictions, but then again the evidence really isn't there and never has been. Also the body type of the killer when they show her (or him) in the black suit really doesn't fit Cris' size. And although Cris has been cool & composed the entire season, last night at dinner was the first time I saw her truly uncomfortable. She couldn't stop fidgeting and she just had a mortified look on her face. My theory is that the fact she had no scare cards is just to throw off the last victim (most likely Kam). I actually believe she's going to win, and she's a great role model to young women watching the show.


#1. Lindsey: It's Lindsey. Everything fits. The stuffed shoe, the bobby-pin, her dark colored horse, the body type, and the creepy vibe she gives off. Let's not forget the fact that she always survives without trying to hard to gain information, even when the house tried to ice her out she came up with the best case. She's also an engineer, and a lot of the deaths dealt with chemical reactions that only a true scientist would be able to perform. She also never felt the need to commit to a team until she was forced a hand, why would the killer need to pick a side? Lindsey has fooled the entire house by playing dumb and silly, but Cris has it figured out and Kam too but only due to process of elimination. It's only fitting Lindsey gets the last laugh with that iconic cackle of hers, I'm confident I finally have it right this time.


Bold Prediction: Melina is dead inside the Iron Maiden. Kam will die in the finale. Cris wins $250k. Lindsey is revealed as the killer.



     Do you agree with my conclusions? Is there anything I'm missing? Is there any chance it could be Giles, a maid, or more than one person? This is your last chance to let your voice be heard in the comments below. I've greatly enjoyed the intelligent conversations I've had with my readers and friends about the show and I just also want to say thank you for the near 2000 of you who have taken the time to read each week and support. I greatly hope Whodunnit will return next summer and if it does there's a high possibility I will do this again. I hope everyone enjoys the finale!



Written by: Ryan Quigley


No comments:

Post a Comment